The SPRING SEASON TABLE (aka Nature Table) is a joy to create and keep in your home. Here are some photos of the process of what I do to get you started. Above is the beginning of my spring table, which I will add and subtract to over the coming months. My table is located on top of a game cupboard in my living room. You’ll probably notice my walls are bare, that’s because I can’t decide if I want to hang a mobile over the table or put up a lovely silk cloth behind… it’s a process!
START WHERE YOU ARE! Find a place (shelf works too), maybe add just a cloth and a vase of spring flowers. You could also add a photo, drawings, bulbs in a pot from the florist; really anything that reminds you of spring. On my table you will see I have one of my trolls, okay he’s not very spring-like, but my daughter put ladybugs on him and I thought that was pretty cute. This is not a ‘Martha’ project display, this is an evolving reflection of nature. If my children make things or want to move things I am stoked to have them involved. For your table do what you feel best.
1. The table with a ‘spring’ coloured cloth.
2. Here’s the troll with the ladybugs (not exactly a ‘spring’ item… but he’s a season table groupie).
3. Box of felt flowers, some made by me and some by my kids. The tulips are pictures cut out and taped on a piece of pipe-cleaner (very easy!). The box has some ‘wood wool’, which is how the pipe-cleaner stems are being propped up.
4. Lamb is homemade, trees and bunny bought from Jalu Toys. I love to include items I’ve bought from other artists as it adds a different flavour to say the least.
5. Little Grass Doll made from a kit sold on www.beardancecrafts.com (pattern in Mother Earth booklet too).
6. Doll made with wool (by needlefelting) holding a felt flower. These are easy to make and kids love to play with them.
As with any project keep in mind SAFETY, young children could swallow and/or choke on small items or wool. ALWAYS supervise young children and those that still mouth items for safety!
Wishing you a wonderful adventure with your season table!